Apply for Sick Cert
Enter your details
Add Your Heading Text Here
Medical Certificates for Minor Illnesses
Get a sick certificate so you can rest and recover.
Select a Service
Our Customer Review
Read real reviews from real people who have been our customers. Here’s what they are saying on Trustpilot:
Get An Online Medical Certificate Quickly and Easily
How It Works
The process of getting an online medical certificate for a minor illness is simple:
There will be a minor illness form containing some medical questions to fill out, it shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes.
Once submitted, it will be reviewed by an Irish registered doctor, who will contact you if they need any additional information.
Once their assessment is complete, you will be sent a sick certificate for your minor illness via email
It’s as easy as that.
Signed by a registered Irish doctor
Trusted by thousands in Ireland
No appointment or travel time needed
We’re Happy To Answer All Your Medical
This service is suitable for you, ONLY if:
- You require a sick cert for work or studies.
- You are 18 years of age or over.
- Your illness is NOT a medical emergency nor requires urgent or in person care by a GP or medical professional.
- Require a sick certificate for a minor illness from one day to a maximum of five days.
- Have a minor illness which you may have before such as COVID, Cough, Sore Throat, Common Cold or Flu.
- Your minor illness is a current illness (we are unable to back date sick certificates).
- You are not looking for a sick cert to be used for another adult or for a child (less than 18 years of age) in your care.
- You are NOT pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have never been diagnosed with any serious chronic (long-lasting) medical condition in the past by a doctor.
- You have received two sick certificates from GetSickCert with any 30 day period (we cannot issue further sick certificates in that case).
- You have received a sick certificate from GetSickCert within the past 7 day period (we cannot issue another sick certificate within this period)
This service is NOT suitable for you if:
- You require a sick cert for Department of Social Protection(If you need a medical certificate for this purpose you should visit your local GP in person)
- You are under the age of 18 years old or you are looking to use this service for a sick cert for another adult that is not you.
- Your illness is a medical emergency or requires urgent or in person care by a GP or medical professional.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You had a prior sick cert in the past 7 days.
- You are requesting a back-dated sick cert (we are unable back date sick certificates).
- You have been diagnosed with certain diseases that affect your blood vessels.
- You have been diagnosed with heart, neurological, liver or kidney disease.
We strive to help every user but there are some conditions that are outside the scope of this service, for which we CANNOT issue a sick cert:
- Broken or suspected broken bones
- Any trauma, accident or injury of any kind
- Severe or serious symptoms of any kind (breathing issues, chest pain, headache, abdominal pain, confusion or bleeding)
- Eye infections or injuries
- Conditions that require in-person examination such as testicular or breast lumps
- Where a test is required such as Blood Tests, ECG,XRAY, CT or MRI scans
- Medications requests or side effects
- Pregnancy-related issues
- Mental health conditions
Once you’ve completed and sent in your form, your application will be reviewed by our team of doctors. Pending approval you can receive your sick certificate within 24hrs or a few days, depending on which service you have chosen. It may take a little longer if the doctor needs to contact you for more information (please be as give as much clear and accurate information as possible).
We have a team of Irish certified medical professionals who assess our users’ forms. All information given is strictly confidential and cannot be shared with anyone else.
All certificates issued follow the requirements of Irish State Law. Since 1st January 2023, employees have a right to 3 days’ statutory sick pay (legal minimum) per year. You can get sick pay of 70% of normal weekly pay, up to a maximum €110 a day.
You are entitled to sick pay even if you are: on probation, undergoing training (interns), an apprentice, an agency worker.
To qualify you must: be an employee (worked at least 13 continuous weeks) and be certified by a GP as unable to work.
We are located in the Republic of Ireland and operate from there.
Prices for the delivery of certificates can be found on the form page
- This sick certificate only proves that you were unfit to work due to medical reasons.
- Other types of leave, such as extended sick leave, parental leave, and compassionate leave are not be covered by our certificates.
- We can only issue you with a private sick certificate, we cannot provide a social welfare sick certificate (MC1 or MC2 forms).
- We are also unable to offer Fitness to Work Certificates and we recommend you visit your regular GP if this is required.
- Please note that we will only issue medical certificates for a CURRENT minor illness.
- Requests for previous dates (i.e. for an illness no longer ongoing) will be rejected. We are unable to backdate a medical certificate.
- The service is not designed for any medical emergencies.
- For urgent care needs, the best course of action is to visit your nearest GP or Emergency Department or dial 999/ 112.
We cannot refund certificates that were ultimately not required or put to use. Unfortunately, all certificates that have been paid for, reviewed by a doctor and issued cannot be refunded.
Please make sure your requested dates, personal and medical information are correct during your initial request. Any changes to certificates that have already been issued will incur a fee of €9.99 for this service.
Speeding up any certificates that have already been requested is feasible and will incur a fee of €9.99 for this service.